1. Eliot says you can first make a list of 12 things, then cut it down to 6 and set your priorities. 埃利奥特说，你可以先列出12件事，然后把它压缩到6件，要确定轻重缓急。
2. Beautiful combs, pure tortoiseshell, with jewels set in-just the colour to wear in her beautiful hair. 多么好看的梳子,纯玳瑁做的,镶着铢宝,颜色恰好配上她那美丽的头发.
3. Business English is simply a set of English vocabulary words; it is not,as some seem to think, a language unto itself. 商用英文只是一组英文字汇,它并不是如一些人所想,本身自成一种语言.
4. Both these ships set out from Shanghai on June 18th, 1872 on an exciting race to England. 两船于1872年6月18日同时从上海启航驶往英国，途中展开了一场激烈的比赛。
5. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour. 等到本累垮了，汤姆早已把粉刷权转让给比利·费希尔，换来一只完好的风筝。比利·费希尔干不下去了，约翰尼·米勒把粉刷权买了下来，代价是一只死耗子，和一条甩着玩的绳子。于是买主一个接着一个地来了，时间也一小时又一小时地过去了。
6. Bonpland set up one of the electrometers to measure the electric discharge, but there was no reading. 庞普朗安装了一只电表来测量放电量，但电表上没有任何读数。
7. But as we started out, he always said, "You set the pace. I will try to adjust to you." 但每次出门时，他总说："你按你的步速走，我跟着你。"
8. Because time was short — the patient was dying — the Red Cross man and an officer set out in an army vehicle. 由于时间紧迫--病人已奄奄一息--红十字会的人和一名军官乘一辆军车出发。
9. But nowadays even, it is not uncommon for a person to be brought back with heart massage (按摩) perhaps a full hour or more after he's "dead." 但是在今天，一个人在“死亡”整整一小时或更长时间以后，还能靠心脏按摩起死回生，这已不是什么稀罕事了。
10. By 2084, if we can store a dead body in a cold refrigerator room soon enough, lots of people who now would die may not. 到2084年，如果我们能及早将尸体储存到冷藏室内，那么许多现在可能难逃一死的人或许可以就起死回生了。