名词:deadliness 形容词比较级:deadlier 最高级:deadliest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 causing, or likely to cause, death （可能）致命的
*deadly poison 剧毒
* deadly weapons 致命的武器.
2 (fig 比喻) extremely effective, so that no defence is possible 极有效的（因而无法防御）
*His aim is deadly, ie so accurate that he can kill easily. 他弹无虚发.
* She uses wit with deadly effect. 她聪明机智, 使人难以招架.
3 [attrib 作定语] filled with hate 充满仇恨的
*They are deadly enemies. 他们是死敌.
4 [attrib 作定语] like that of death 如死一样的
*deadly paleness, coldness, silence 死一样的苍白、冰冷、沉寂.
5 [attrib 作定语] extreme 极端的; 非常的
*deadly seriousness 极其严肃
* I'm in deadly earnest. 我是非常认真的.
6 (infml 口) very boring 令人生厌的
*The concert was absolutely deadly. 那音乐会十分枯燥.
7 (idm 习语) the (seven) deadly `sins serious sins that result in damnation 受上帝惩罚的（七）大重罪.
(a) as if dead 死一样地
*deadly pale/cold 死一样地苍白[冰冷].
(b) (infml 口) extremely 极端地; 非常地
*deadly serious, boring, dull, etc 非常严肃、无聊、乏味等.
1. The conference was deadly dull. 会议开得死气沉沉的.
2. In his basement laboratory in London, a bacteriologist, Dr. Alexander Fleming, was searching for a substance that would kill deadly bacteria. 当时细菌学家亚历山大·佛来明博士正在地下试验室里研制一种能够杀灭致命细菌的物质。
3. From it´s shape, it could be a bushmaster - the most deadly snake of all! 从它的形状来判断，这很可能是一条美洲毒蛇--一种最致命的蛇!