1. Every other school was, 'Get out, we don't want to deal with you. 'I came here and they said, 其他每所学校都会说：'滚出去！我们这儿不要你。'我来到这儿，他们却说：
2. We lost a great deal of customer when that new shop opened. 那家新店开张后, 我们失去了很多顾客.
3. We need a diplomat to deal with these problems. 我们需要一个外交家来处理这些问题。
4. When you come to think about it, there are only four ways you can deal with rubbish: 当我们开始考虑垃圾问题时，我们只有4种对付垃圾的方法：
5. We communicate a great deal, researchers have found, with our bodies — by the way we move, sit, stand and what we do with our hands and heads. 研究者发现，我们用形体进行着大量的交流 -- 通过我们移动、坐和站的方式，以及我们的手和头的动作。
6. We had a great deal in common, but his profession was very different from mine. 我们有许多共同点，但他的职业与我的却大相径庭。
7. The public bet a great deal of money on Mendoza, but he was defeated. 公众为门杜萨下了大笔赌注，可是他被击败了。
8. The washing machine has emancipated housewives from a great deal of drudgery. 洗衣机已经为家庭主妇们解除了一大堆辛苦的工作。
9. There was also a great deal of machinery on display. 还展出了许多机器.
10. The public bet a great deal of money on Mendoza, but he was defeated. 公众把大笔赌注下到了门多萨身上，但他却输了。