1. By this time her legs were beginning to tremble, so she sat down and accepted a cup of very strong tea, while he telephoned the police. 这时她两腿累得开始发抖，于是坐了下来，喝了一杯浓茶。与此同时，看门的人给警察挂了电话。
2. Would you like another cup of tea? 你要再来一杯茶吗?
3. Where´s my cup and saucer? 我的茶杯和茶托在哪儿呢?
4. Whether the remarkable growth of organized camping means the eventual death of the more independent kind is hard to say. 有组织的露营活动的明显发展是否意味着较独立的自我封闭式露营的最终消失，还很难说。
5. When, about 50 years after Hunter´s death, chloroform was first used in Britain, and, only a few years later, infection was prevented with antiseptics, surgeons could do many more operations. 亨特去世后约50年，氯仿麻醉剂首次在英国使用，仅仅几年之后，感染问题由于使用消毒剂而得以解决，外科医生们便可以做更多的手术了。
6. When Augustus Octavian became emperor after Caesar´s death, he also named a month for himself — August. 恺撒死后，当奥古斯都大帝成为帝王的时候，他也用自己的名字奥古斯塔斯（Augustus）命名了一个月份——8月(August)。
7. The driver gave him a few biscuits and a cup of coffee and left him just outside the city. 卡车司机给了他几块饼干和一杯咖啡，把他带到城外就走了。
8. The boy broke a cup. 那孩子打破了一只茶杯。
9. The cup is clean. 杯子是干净的.
10. The prisoner was condemned to death. 那个囚犯被判死刑.