yearly number of deaths per
1000 people in a group 死亡率（每年每1000人中的死亡人数）.
the number of deaths for every 100 or every 1000 people in a particular year and in a particular place
the number of deaths each year from a particular disease or in a particular group childhood death rates
1. Each demanded some payment that was overdue: twelve shillings for the furniture and oilcloth; one pound four and one penny for the General District and Special Rates; and one pound one and fivepence halfpenny for Poor Rate. 三封信都是催债的，而且每项款都已经过了期。家具和油布十二先令；统税和特税一镑四先令一便士；济贫税一镑一先令五个半便士。
2. By the way,where can I get the best exchange rate for American dollars. 对了, 我在哪里可以获得最好的美元汇率?
3. But it remains to be seen whether these measures will have enough impact to slow the rate of removing the forests. 但是要知道这些措施是否会产生足够的影响来减缓砍伐森林的速度，尚须时日。
4. But most of all, you've learned what a "7.6 per cent unemployment rate" really means.
5. Whether the remarkable growth of organized camping means the eventual death of the more independent kind is hard to say. 有组织的露营活动的明显发展是否意味着较独立的自我封闭式露营的最终消失，还很难说。
6. When, about 50 years after Hunter´s death, chloroform was first used in Britain, and, only a few years later, infection was prevented with antiseptics, surgeons could do many more operations. 亨特去世后约50年，氯仿麻醉剂首次在英国使用，仅仅几年之后，感染问题由于使用消毒剂而得以解决，外科医生们便可以做更多的手术了。
7. When Augustus Octavian became emperor after Caesar´s death, he also named a month for himself — August. 恺撒死后，当奥古斯都大帝成为帝王的时候，他也用自己的名字奥古斯塔斯（Augustus）命名了一个月份——8月(August)。
8. Whether or not this is true, the high success rate of arranged marriages in different cultures — 90 percent in Iran, 95 percent in India, 不管这种说法是否正确，不同文化中包办婚姻的成功率之高，却不由得使人驻足沉思：伊朗90%，印度95%，
9. The prisoner was condemned to death. 那个囚犯被判死刑.
10. The strong earthquake left death and destruction behind it. 强烈的地震留下了死亡和破坏。