the official punishment of death, ordered by a judge
He received a death sentence .
Premeditated murder carries (=is punished by) the death sentence .
something such as an illness that makes you sure you will die
Cancer is no longer a death sentence.
an action or decision that is very harmful to someone or something
In 1987, the government passed a death sentence on the river by granting permission for the new dam.
1. But some thing choked him, he could not finish the sentence. 象是有什么东西哽住了他的喉咙, 他说不下去了.
2. But something choked him; he could not finish the sentence. 他的声音哽咽了，说不下去。
3. We put a full stop at the end of a sentence. 我们在句的末尾加一个句号。
4. Whether the remarkable growth of organized camping means the eventual death of the more independent kind is hard to say. 有组织的露营活动的明显发展是否意味着较独立的自我封闭式露营的最终消失，还很难说。
5. When the article arrived, the editor read the first sentence and then refused to publish it. 稿子寄来后，编辑看第一句话就拒绝予以发表。
6. Write down the sentence. 抄写句子。
7. When, about 50 years after Hunter´s death, chloroform was first used in Britain, and, only a few years later, infection was prevented with antiseptics, surgeons could do many more operations. 亨特去世后约50年，氯仿麻醉剂首次在英国使用，仅仅几年之后，感染问题由于使用消毒剂而得以解决，外科医生们便可以做更多的手术了。
8. When Augustus Octavian became emperor after Caesar´s death, he also named a month for himself — August. 恺撒死后，当奥古斯都大帝成为帝王的时候，他也用自己的名字奥古斯塔斯（Augustus）命名了一个月份——8月(August)。
9. The prisoner was condemned to death. 那个囚犯被判死刑.
10. The strong earthquake left death and destruction behind it. 强烈的地震留下了死亡和破坏。