someone whose job is to get back the money that people owe
1. When Easton was unemployed they had to stint themselves so as to avoid getting further into debt than was absolutely necessary. 伊斯顿失业时，为了不到万不得已时不赊帐，他们只得节衣缩食。
2. This puma must have been in the possession of a private collector and somehow managed to escape. 这只美洲狮谅必是私人豢养的,并且不知怎么跑出来了.
3. The ticket-collector punched my ticket. 收票员在我的票上剪了一个孔。
4. The fact that many developing countries must trim money from public education as part of their debt-reduction plans creates further pressure on families, she said. 她说，许多发展中国家经常将削减公立教育经费作为减轻债务计划的一部分。这一事实更加重了家庭的压力。
5. Now we´ll have this bloody debt dragging on us for years, and before the damn stuff is paid for it´ll be worn out." 现在可好，我们背着这笔倒霉的债，而且不知道还得背多少年。等到债还完了，这些家具也就该烂了。”
6. His extravagance explains why he is always in debt. 他挥霍无度, 难怪总欠债.
7. Despite this, he was so extravagant that he was always in debt. 尽管收入不少，但他挥霍无度，经常债台高筑。
8. "Four weeks, and I promised the collector the last time he called that we´d pay two weeks next Monday. “四个星期的。收租的那个人上次来时，我答应过他下星期一交两个星期的钱。
9. This one must have been in the possession of a private collector and somehow managed to escape. 因此那只美洲狮一定是某位私人收藏豢养的，不知怎么设法逃出来了。
10. I must pay him a debt of ￥5. 我得还他五块钱的债。