n [U, C] (abbr 缩写 Dec) the twelfth month of the year, next after November 十二月. For the uses of December see the examples at April. 关于December的用法见April词条中的示例.
n [U and C]written abbreviationDec.
[Date: 1200-1300; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin, name of the tenth Roman month, from decem 'ten']
the 12th month of the year, between November and January
Last December they visited Prague.
We got married in December.
on December 6th
Jake's birthday is on December 6th.
on 6th DecemberBrE
The event was to take place on 6th December.
Her letter arrived December 6.
1. When the south pole is towards the sun, the southern half of the world (or the Southern Hemisphere) is warmer, and it has its summer (December, January and February). 当南极斜向太阳时，地球的南半部（南半球）就比较温暖，处于夏季（十二、一、二月）。
2. Dimitri: It is often cold in December, January and February. It snows sometimes. 迪米特里: 12月, 1月和2月通常是寒冷的. 有时还下雪.
3. December, January and February make the winter season. 十二、一、二月是冬季。
4. Also, the names of the tenth, eleventh, and twelfth months, October, November, and December, come from the Latin for eighth, ninth and tenth. 同样10月、11月和12月的名称October， November和December也来自拉丁语的第八、第九和第十。
5. A. Oh yes. Who hasn´t? It´s such a faithful record of the student movement of December 9th, 1935. A． 看过。谁没看过？这是关于1935年12月9日那场学生运动的一个真实的记录。
6. "December 3: . . . The Foreign Office still holding up my passport (护照) and exit visa, which worries me. "12月3日: ……外交部仍扣着我的护照和出境签证，这让我感到担忧。
7. "Berlin, December 4: Got my passport and official permit( 许可)to leave tomorrow. "柏林，12月4日：拿到护照和明天离境的官方许可。
8. "December 5: It was still dark and a storm was blowing in when I left for the airport this morning ..." "12月5日：今晨动身去机场时, 天还没亮，刮起了风暴……"
9. At 2 PM on December 5, 1945, five Navy aircraft took off in perfect flying weather from a naval air installation in southeastern Florida, on a routine training mission over the Atlantic Ocean. 1945年12月5日下午两点，天气非常适合飞行，五架海军飞机从佛罗里达州东南部的一个海军飞行基地起飞，在大西洋上空作一次例行飞行训练。
10. Snows are frequent in this area during December. 这个地区十二月下雪是常事。