1 (a) [U] declaring; formally announcing 宣言; 宣布; 正式声明
*He was in favour of the declaration of a truce. 他赞成宣布停战.
(b) [C] formal announcement 宣言; 公告
*a declaration of war 宣战
* the Declaration of Human Rights, ie by the United Nations, stating an individual's basic rights 人权宣言.
2 [C] written notification 书面通知
*a declaration of income, ie made to the tax authorities 收益申报（向税务部门所做的）
* a customs declaration, ie a form giving details of the contents of a parcel, consignment, etc on which duty may be payable 报关单（详列包裹、托运品中应纳税项目的申报表）.
n [U and C]
an important official statement about a particular situation or plan, or the act of making this statement
a ceasefire declaration
Under Islamic law it was possible to divorce by simple declaration.
the declaration of war
an official or serious statement of what someone believes
the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
declarations of undying love
a statement in which you officially give information about yourself
a declaration of taxable earnings
1. We read the declaration posted on the bulletin board. 我们读了贴在布告板上的通告。
2. When I go there not only must I make a declaration of all purchases and gifts acquired abroad, 我到了那里，不但要申报所有我在国外购买的东西和收到的礼物，
3. He was in favour of the declaration of a truce. 他赞成宣布停战.