1 devoted to sth; committed 献身于某事物的; 专心致志的
*a dedicated worker, priest, teacher, etc 有献身精神的工作者、牧师、教师等.
2 [esp attrib 尤作定语] (esp of computer equipment) designed for one particular purpose only （尤指计算机设备）为某特殊目的而设计的, 专用的
*a dedicated word processor 专门的文字处理机.
someone who is dedicated works very hard at what they do because they care a lot about it
a dedicated and thoughtful teacher
She is a dedicated socialist.
The Woodland Trust is dedicated to preserving our native woodland.
[only before noun]
made for or used for only one particular purpose
a dedicated graphics processor
1. Before he got the job, Mr. Torres was determined to escape the workshop run by the Lighthouse (灯塔), an organization dedicated to help people who can't see, and to try to make it on his own. 得到这份工作之前，他就决心离开"灯塔"所经营的一个工场——"灯塔"是一个专门为盲人提供帮助的机构。他想靠自己的能力去工作。
2. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on an island in Upper New York Bay in 1886. 1886年，自由女神像在纽约湾北部落成。
3. No one discovers a rarity by chance. A truly dedicated searcher for art treasures 没有人能碰巧发现一件珍宝。真正潜心搜寻艺术珍品的人必须有耐心。
4. He dedicated the book to his friend. 他把这本书献给他的朋友。
5. And had a picture painted which was dedicated to the memory of ´the most valiant soldier and most notable leader, Signor Giovanni Haukodue.´ 并为他画像以纪念这位´骁勇无比的战士、杰出的领袖乔凡尼.阿库托先生.´
6. A truly dedicated bargain hunter must have patience, and above all, the ability to recognize the worth of something when he sees it. 一个到处找便宜的人必须具有耐心，而且最重要的是看到珍品时要有鉴别珍品的能力。
7. She dedicated her life to helping the poor. 她毕生致力於帮助穷人.