动词过去式:demonstrated 过去分词:demonstrated 现在分词:demonstrating 第三人称单数:demonstrates
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr, Tf, Tw] ~ sth (to sb) show sth clearly by giving proof or evidence 证明; 论证
*demonstrate the truth of a statement (to sb) （向某人）证明一说法的真实性
* How do you demonstrate that the pressure remains constant? 你怎样证明压力一直不变?
* Can you demonstrate what you mean by that? 你那样做能说明你的意思吗?
(b) [Tn, Tf, Tw] be an example of (sth); show 是（某事物）的实例; 表明; 表示
*The election demonstrates democracy in action. 这次选举是以实际行动体现了民主.
* His sudden departure demonstrates that he's unreliable/how unreliable he is. 他突然离去表明他不可靠[他多么不可靠].
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tw] ~ sth (to sb) show and explain how sth works or a way of doing sth 示范并解释某物如何操作或使用
*An assistant demonstrated the washing machine (to customers). 店员（向顾客）示范如何使用洗衣机.
* She demonstrated how best to defend oneself. 她示范最有效的自卫方法.
3 [I, Ipr] ~ (against/in favour of sb/sth) take part in a public rally, etc, usu as a protest or to show support 示威; 进行示威集会或游行
*Thousands demonstrated against the price increases. 数以千计的人举行示威, 抗议物价上涨.
4 [Tn] express (sth) by one's actions 用行动表达（某事）
*Workers have already demonstrated their opposition to the plans. 工人们已经表明反对这些方案.
* demonstrate strong feelings 显示出强烈的感情.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin: demonstratus, past participle of demonstrare, from monstrare 'to show']
to show or prove something clearly
The study demonstrates the link between poverty and malnutrition.
Hitchcock's films demonstrate that a British filmmaker could learn from Hollywood.
demonstrate how/what/why etc
This section will attempt to demonstrate how the Bank of England operates.
The government now has an opportunity to demonstrate its commitment to reform.
to show or describe how to do something or how something works
They'll be demonstrating how to handle modern, high performance cars.
Instructors should demonstrate new movements before letting the class try them.
to protest or support something in public with a lot of other people
Supporters demonstrated outside the courtroom during the trial.
What are they demonstrating against?
to show that you have a particular ability, quality, or feeling
He has demonstrated an ability to meet deadlines.
1. Our troops demonstrate remarkable courage. 我们的队伍表现出无比的勇敢。
2. For the student to gain admission, parents also must agree to accept and demonstrate the school's philosophies and outlook. 为了使孩子被该校录取，家长也必须同意接受并实践学校的思想和观点。