n person whose work is filling, cleaning and taking out teeth, and fitting artificial teeth 牙科医生.
someone whose job is to treat people's teeth
the dentist/the dentist's
(=the place where a dentist works)
I'm going to the dentist this afternoon.
1. `Open your mouth a little wider,´ said the dentist. ‘把嘴张大点,’牙科医生说.
2. Was the dentist´s clinic full of people. 牙医诊所是否挤满了人?
3. When the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth, I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth. 当那位牙医最后将药棉从我嘴中取出时，我总算有可能告诉他，他拔错了牙。
4. The dentist could detect no decay in her teeth. 牙医检查了她的牙, 未见有龋齿.
5. The dentist put a filling into my tooth. 牙科医生给我的牙洞填补上了。
6. The dentist is very busy at the moment. 牙科医生这会儿很忙。
7. His father is a dentist. 他的父亲是一个牙科医生。
8. Did the dentist give you anesthesia by injection? 牙医是经由注射替你麻醉吗?
9. ´Not at all,´ I lied, ´but I´m going to the dentist.´ "没关系，但我准备去牙医那里。"我说了个谎。
10. My dentist had just pulled out one of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while. 我的牙科医生刚给我拔了一只牙，并让我休息一会儿。