1. Economic development depends on political stability. 经济发展依靠政治稳定。
2. But this phase of our development is now finished. 但这个发展阶段已经结束。
3. Because females do not have this tendency (this brain division is known to be influenced by male sex chemicals), girls who perform well in mathematics are doing so because they are superior in their overall mental development. 因为女性不具备这种趋势（人脑的这种分工已知是男性激素影响的结果），数学好的女孩是因为她们的整体智力发育很好。
4. With the development of modern agriculture and industry, more and more waste is produced. 随着现代工农业的发展, 产生出越来越多的废物.
5. What is called ´modern civilization´ is not the result of a balanced development of all man´s nature, 所谓"现代文明"并不是人的天性平衡发展的结果，
6. Where the cost of government is high, resources for development are correspondingly low. 凡是政府管理费用高的地方，用于发展国家经济的资金就会相应地减少。
7. The business will have less money to distribute as dividends or invest directly in its future progress and development. 企业只能以较少的钱作为红利分配，或者直接投资于将来的进步和发展。
8. The development of technology has been very fast. 科学技术的发展非常地迅速.
9. There is none of the hurry which, in our society, often hampers the full development of a growing personality. 那里没有我们今天社会中的匆忙生活，而匆忙的生活常常妨碍个性的全面发展。
10. The development of such a telescope will be one of the great astronomical projects of the twenty-first century. 而开发这样一台望远镜将会是21世纪天文学的一个重要的研究课题。