dict＝to say（说） 变化型 dit
/'dɪkʃənrɪ; [US] -nerɪ; `dɪkʃə,nɛrɪ/
(a) book that lists and explains the words of a language, or gives translations of them into one or more other languages, and is usu arranged in alphabetical order 字典; 词典
*an English dictionary 英语词典.
(b) similar book that explains the terms of a particular subject 专业词典
*a dictionary of architecture 建筑学词典.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Medieval Latin;Origin: dictionarium, from Late Latin dictio 'word'; DICTION]
a book that gives a list of words in alphabetical order and explains their meanings in the same language, or another language
a German - English dictionary
a book that explains the words and phrases used in a particular subject
a science dictionary
1. This dictionary has several appendices, including one on irregular verbs. 这部词典有几项附录, 包括不规则动词附录.
2. This dictionary tries to simplify the meanings of words. 这本词典努力把词意简化。
3. The editorial director of one dictionary says that the noun "clonee" may sound like a good term, but it's not clear enough. 一本词典的主编说，名词"被克隆者"听起来不错，但却不够明晰。
4. Keep the dictionary on your desk for your reference. 把这本字典撂在书桌上供你参考吧。
5. Always proofread completed letters very carefully. Consult dictionary when necessary or in doubt. 完成的书信一定要很小心地校对，有必要或怀疑时查典。
6. A pocket edition of the dictionary will come out soon. 这一字典的袖珍版即将问世。
7. A good dictionary is the envy of all students. 一本好词典是同学们所羡慕的东西。
8. Absolute perfection in a dictionary is rare. 词典要十全十美是很难的。
9. Always proofread completed letters very carefully. Consult dictionary when necessary or in doubt. 完成的书信一定要很小心地校对，有必要或怀疑时查典。
10. … As his name is, so is he ..." says the Bible, and Webster's Dictionary includes the following definition of name: "……人如其名 ……"，此外韦伯斯特大词典也对名字作了如下的定义：