动词过去式:differed 过去分词:differed 现在分词:differing 第三人称单数:differs
fer＝to carry（运；载），to bear（忍耐）
v [I, Ipr]
1 ~ (from sb/sth) not be the same (as sb/sth); be unlike （与某人[某事物]）不同, 不一样, 有区别; 不像; 相异
*The brothers differ widely in their tastes. 他们弟兄的爱好大相径庭.
* Tastes differ, ie Different people like different things. 人各有所好.
* have differing tastes, views, etc 有不同的爱好、观点等
* In this respect, French differs from English/French and English differ. 在这方面, 法语不同于英语[法语与英语有区别].
2 ~ (with/from sb) (about/on sth) disagree; not share the same opinion 不同意; 持异议
*I'm sorry to differ with you on that. 对不起, 在那一点上我与你看法不同.
* We differ on many things. 我们在很多事情上意见都不一致.
3 (idm 习语) agree to differ => agree. I beg to differ => beg.
1300-1400; Language: French;Origin:
différer 'to delay, be different'
, from Latin
differre, from ferre 'to carry'
to be different from something in some way The two systems differ in many respects.differ from People differ from one another in their ability to handle stress.differ between The symptoms did not differ between the two groups.differ widely/greatly/significantly etc We soon found that prices differed enormously. Experts have differing views on the subject.
if two people or groups differ about something, they have opposite opinions
= disagreediffer about/on/over The two lawyers differed about how to present the case.agree to differ
to stop arguing with someone and accept that you will never agreeI beg to differspoken formal
used to say that you disagree with someone
1. But their genes beg to differ. 然而他们的基因说明了不同的结果。
2. While we differ in many ways, such differences are neither superior nor inferior to each other. 尽管我们在许多方面存在差异，但这些差异并无优劣之分。
3. While nearly everyone has heard of the information superhighway, even experts differ on exactly what the term means and what the future it promises will look like. 尽管几乎人人都听说过信息高速公路，可即使专家们对这一名称的确切含义，以及它预示着什么样的未来也有分歧。
4. The brothers differ widely in their tastes. 他们弟兄的爱好大相径庭.
5. Unfortunately, opinions differ among members of the ICC concerning how to enforce the code. 可惜的是，国际商会委员们关于如何实行这一准则意见不一。