v.浸,蘸,沾;Dual In-line Package,双排直插式封装
动词过去式:dipped 过去分词:dipped 现在分词:dipping 第三人称单数:dips
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (into sth); ~ sth (in) put or lower sth into a liquid 将某物放入或伸入液体中; 浸; 泡; 蘸
*Dip your pen (into the ink). 将钢笔（在墨水中）蘸一蘸.
* Dip your fingers in to see how hot the water is. 把手指伸进水里看有多热.
* dip sheep, ie immerse them in a liquid that disinfects them or kills vermin 给羊洗药浴
* dip candles, ie make them by dipping a wick into melted fat 浸制蜡烛
* to dip a garment, ie put it in a liquid dye to change its colour 浸染衣服.
2 [I, Ipr, Ip] go below a surface or level 下降到某一平面以下; 下跌到某一高度[水平]以下
*The birds rose and dipped in flight. 鸟儿在飞行中时高时低.
* The sun dipped (down) below the horizon. 太阳落到地平线下了.
3 [I, Tn, Tn.pr] (cause sth to) go down and then up again （使某物）向下再向上; （使某物）下降後再上升
*The branches dipped in the wind. 树枝在风中上下颤动着.
* dip the headlights of a car, ie lower their beams (so as not to dazzle the driver of another car) 将汽车前灯的远光调为近光（改用低位光束, 以免使另一辆车上的驾驶者眼花）
* Dip your head under the low arch. 在低矮的门拱下要低头.
4 [I, Ip] slope downward 向下倾斜
*The land dips (down) gently to the south. 这块地微微向南倾.
5 (phr v) dip into sth
(a) take money from (eg one's savings) 从（如自己的储蓄）中取出钱
*dip into one's purse, ie spend money 掏腰包（花钱）.
(b) make a brief study of (a book, an author, etc) 翻阅, 浏览（书、某作者的作品等）
*I've only had time to dip into the report. 这份报告我只来得及浏览了一遍.
1 [C] act of dipping (dip1) 浸; 蘸.
2 [C] (infml 口) quick swim or bathe 为时不长的游泳或（在河海中）洗澡
*have/take/go for a dip 去水里泡一泡.
3 [U] cleansing liquid for dipping sheep （给羊药浴用的）清洗液, 药浴液.
4 [U, C] any of several types of thick sauce into which biscuits or pieces of vegetable are dipped before being eaten （用来蘸着吃饼乾或小片蔬菜的）调味酱
*cheese dip 奶酪酱.
5 [C] downward slope 斜坡
*a dip in the road 路上的斜坡
* a dip among the hills 山中的斜坡.
the written abbreviation of diploma
tasty mixture or liquid into which bite-sized foods are dipped