tribut＝to pay（付）,to bestow（赠与）
n [C, U]
1 (instance of) giving or being given to each of several people, etc 分发; 分配; 分送
*the distribution of catalogues, forms, prizes, etc 目录、表格、奖品等的分发.
2 (instance of the) positioning or allocation of items, features, etc within an area 分布
*the distribution of schools in this district 这个区里的学校分布情况
* Pines have a very wide distribution. 松树的分布很广.
the act of sharing things among a large group of people in a planned way
the distribution of aid supplies
when goods are supplied to shops and companies for them to sell
a distribution centre
[U and C]
the way in which something exists in different amounts in different parts of an area or group
the highly unequal distribution of economic power
1. They could not agree about the distribution of the profits. 他们未能在分配利润方面达成一致意见。
2. The laws are based either on "community property" (split evenly) or on "reasonable distribution" (whatever a judge thinks is "fair"). 这些法律要么是基于"共有财产"（平均分配），要么是基于"合理分配"（法官认为怎样"公平"就怎样分）。
3. "We have a few bulk distribution centers where we sell some imported roses," Johnson says. "We may also widen our business to include the service area and be a representative for overseas flower producers." 我们有几个大型批发中心，在那里我们销售一些进口玫瑰，" 约翰逊说，"我们同时也可能扩大业务，包括服务领域和海外花卉产商的代理。"
4. Sewage disposal into the sources themselves, leakage of sewage into distribution systems or contamination with industrial or farm waste. 污水排入水源，污水渗入给水系统或工农业污水造成污染。
5. In 1986 she licensed the copyrights to the cards to Sunrise Publications, who now manages their production and distribution, allowing her to focus on other projects. 1986年，她将贺卡的版权授予黎明出版公司，这使她能够将精力放在其他项目上，其中包括她那本订户多达55万人的家庭装潢杂志。