副词:districtwide 动词过去式:districted 过去分词:districted 现在分词:districting 第三人称单数:districts
string,strict,strain,stress＝to draw tight（拉紧）
1 part of a country or town having a particular quality 地区; 区域
*mountainous, agricultural, outlying, poor, gloomy districts 山区、农业区域、边远地区、贫穷地区、黑暗地区
* the `Lake District （英格兰西北部的）湖区.
2 area of a country or town treated as an administrative unit 行政区
*a `postal district 邮政区
* rural and urban districts, ie units of local government 乡区和市区（地方行政单位）
* [attrib 作定语] district `councils 区议会.
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: French;Origin:Medieval Latin districtus 'area under control of a lord or judge', from districtus 'taken hold of, forced', from the past participle of Latin distringere; DISTRESS1]
an area of a town or the countryside, especially one with particular features
rural/financial/theatre etc district
a house in a pleasant suburban district
an area of a country, city etc that has official borders
a postal district
1. Each demanded some payment that was overdue: twelve shillings for the furniture and oilcloth; one pound four and one penny for the General District and Special Rates; and one pound one and fivepence halfpenny for Poor Rate. 三封信都是催债的，而且每项款都已经过了期。家具和油布十二先令；统税和特税一镑四先令一便士；济贫税一镑一先令五个半便士。
2. We were, however, worried about our nearest neighbours, whose farm was low lying and who were newcomers to the district. 然而，我们为我们的近邻担忧，因为他们的农场地处洼地区，而且他们是这地区的新户。
3. We were, however, worried about our nearest neighbours, whose farm was low lying and who were newcomers to the district. 不过，我们很为我们的近邻担心。他们的农场地势低洼，而且他们又新来乍到。
4. They have left this district and gone to live in Bristol. 他们离开这个地区，迁居到布里斯特尔了。
5. The Lake District is a very romantic area. 英国湖区很有浪漫色彩.
6. The Ombudsman immediately wrote to the Chief of Police in the district asking him to send a record of the case. 司法特派员立即写信给当地警察局长，请他寄送与此事有关的材料。
7. Don't worry. Just sign up for the language course offered by a school in another district or city, have the latest edition of the course teaching materials sent to your computer, and attend by video. 不用担心，你可以向另一地区或城市的学校报名，上他们提供的日语课，让他们将这门课程最新的教材传送到你的电脑上，然后通过视听方法上课。
8. A war zone is a district where fighting is going on. 战区就是进行战争的地方。
9. Ms. Mbogo's victory was even more surprising because she was voted in by her colleagues on the District Council, all men. 更令人感到意外的是，姆波戈女士是由区议会的同事们投票选出的，而那些人全是男性。
10. Cholera was rampant in the district. 这个区里霍乱蔓延十分严重.