worrying or upsetting
a disturbing increase in the crime rate
1. Another disturbing thought is that cloning will lead to efforts to breed individuals with genetic qualities perceived as desirable (math geniuses, soccer players, etc.). 另一个引人不安的想法是，克隆会使人们致力于培育具有理想基因质的个人（如数学天才、足球运动员等）。
2. Soundproof walls would prevent people from disturbing each other by having loud parties or playing musical instruments. 隔音墙可使人们在喧闹地聚会或演奏乐器时避免相互干扰。
3. Pardon me for disturbing you. 请原谅我打扰你。
4. It is disturbing to think that a dangerous wild animal is till at large in the quiet countryside. 每当想到一只危险的野生动物在平静的乡村里无管束的游荡,焦虑不安之情便油然而生.
5. It is disturbing to think that a dangerous wild animal is still at large in the quiet countryside. 想到在宁静的乡村里有一头危险的野兽继续逍遥流窜，真令人担心。