名词:dotter 动词过去式:dotted 过去分词:dotted 现在分词:dotting 第三人称单数:dots 形容词:dotal
1 small round mark 小圆点
*Join the dots up to complete the drawing. 顺点连线把图画好.
2 such a mark used as a symbol in writing (eg above the letters i and j), mathematics (eg the decimal point), music, representing a short sound in Morse code, etc 字母上的点（如i和j上的）; 小数点; 音乐符号上的点; 摩尔斯电码代表短音的点. =>App
3 anything resembling a dot; a small quantity 点状物; 少量, 微量, 一点儿
*The island was just a dot on the horizon. 该岛只是天水交接处的一个黑点.
* I like just a dot of milk in my tea. 我喜欢在茶里稍掺一点牛奶.
4 (idm 习语) on the `dot (infml 口) exactly on time, or at the time specified 准时地; 在指定的时刻
*He's very punctual always arrives on the dot. 他很守时--总是按时到.
* leave at
5 o'clock on the dot/on the dot of
5 o'clock 准于五点整离开. the year dot => year.
1 [Tn] mark (sth) with a dot 以小圆点标出（某物）.
2 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn.pr, Tn.p] place (things or people) here and there; scatter 将（物或人）分布各处; 分散
*The sky was dotted with stars. 天空繁星密布.
* We've dotted a few chairs about. 我们在周围放了几把椅子.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr, Dn.n](infml 口) hit (sb) 打, 击（某人）
*He dotted me in the eye. 他击中了我的眼睛.
* Shut up or I'll dot you one! 闭嘴, 要不我就揍你!
4 (idm 习语) dot one's/the ,i's and cross one's/the `t's complete the final details of a task 一丝不苟地完成任务.
Géraudot is a commune in the Aube department in north-central France.
1. A white dot appeared in the sky, as small and innocent-looking as a slip of paper. 天空中出现了一个白点，就像一张纸一样地小、一样地洁白无辜。
2. She marked the paper with a dot. 她在纸上画个点儿作记号。