名词:doubter 动词过去式:doubted 过去分词:doubted 现在分词:doubting 第三人称单数:doubts
duo-=two,double 变化型 do-,dou-,du-
1 [U, C] ~ (about/as to sth); ~ (as to) whether... (feeling of) uncertainty or disbelief 怀疑; 不确定; 不信任
*There's some doubt about his suitability for the job. 他是否适合该工作有些疑问.
* There is (no) room for doubt. （没）有怀疑的余地.
* I have grave doubts about her honesty. 我很怀疑她是否诚实.
* The latest scientific discoveries cast doubt on earlier theories. 科学上的最新发现使我们对以前的学说产生怀疑.
* She had her doubts (as to) whether he would come. 她无法确定他是否来.
* Although a very religious man, he is still troubled by occasional doubts. 他虽然笃信宗教, 但有时仍感到迷惘.
2 [U] ~ about sth/that. . . (used after negatives to emphasize conviction 用于否定词後以强调深信不疑) reason for not believing sth 不相信
*There's not much doubt about it, ie It is almost certain. 那件事情没有什么可疑之处.
* I have no doubt that you will succeed. 我肯定你能成功.
3 (idm 习语) beyond a/any `doubt; beyond all (possible) `doubt certainly 无疑地
*She was beyond all doubt the finest ballerina of her day. 她无疑是她那个时代最优秀的芭蕾舞演员. give sb the benefit of the `doubt => benefit. in `doubt uncertain; undecided 不肯定的; 不确定的
*Their acceptance of the contract is still in doubt. 他们是否接受那合同还说不准.
* If in doubt, don't, ie Don't act unless you're certain. 没有把握就不要做. ,no `doubt very probably 无疑地; 很可能
*No doubt he means to help, but in fact he just gets in the way. 他确实是想帮忙, 然而事实上却只是帮倒忙. without
(a) `doubt certainly 无疑地; 确实地
*He is without doubt the cleverest student I've ever taught. 他确实是我所教过的学生中最聪明的.
v [I, Tn, Tf] feel uncertain (about sth); question the truth of (sth) （对某事物）无把握, 有怀疑
*It is human to doubt. 怀疑是人的天性.
* Do you doubt my word (ie think I am not telling the truth) ? 你怀疑我的话吗?
* I don't doubt that he'll come, ie I'm sure he will. 我确信他会来.
* I doubt whether he'll come. 我不敢肯定他来不来.
* I doubt if that was what he wanted. 不知道那是不是他想要的.
1. Because of her inherent carelessness, I doubt my sister can ever be a good driver. 由于天生的粗心大意，我怀疑妹妹无法成为一位好驾驶员。
2. By now optimism had given way to doubt. 至此，人们不再乐观，反而疑虑重重。
3. Fear, uncertainty and doubt — -- FUD 指的是恐惧、犹豫和怀疑
4. With practice, no doubt, I could in time learn to write by holding the pen still while the paper moved. 毫无疑问，经过练习，我最终能够学会笔不动而纸动来写字。
5. We might say that justice has been done when a man´s innocence or guilt has been proved beyond doubt. 当某人被证据确凿地证明无罪的时候，我们也许会说正义得到了伸张。
6. There is no doubt about his innocence. 他完全是无辜的。
7. There is no doubt that if she had not lost her rudder she would have won the race easily. 如果它没有失去舵，无疑它会轻而易举地赢得这次比赛。
8. The guilt of the accused man was in doubt. 被告之罪有疑问。
9. There is no doubt that if she had not lost her rudder she would have won the race easily. 毫无疑问，如果中途没有失去舵， "卡帝萨克"号肯定能在比赛中轻易夺冠。
10. There was no doubt that we were unwelcome visitors. 毫无疑问，我们的来访是不受欢迎的。