1 down the stairs 顺楼梯而下
*He fell downstairs and broke his wrist. 他从楼梯跌下, 摔伤了手腕.
2 on or to a lower floor 在楼下; 往楼下
*They're waiting for us downstairs. 他们在楼下等我们. Cf 参看 upstairs.
adj [attrib 作定语]
*the downstairs toilet 楼下的厕所. downstairs n [sing v] lower floor of a building, esp the ground floor 楼下（尤指一楼）
*The whole downstairs needs repainting. 楼下全层需要重新粉刷.
towards or on a lower floor of a building, especially a house
≠ upstairs Rosie ran downstairs to answer the door. Charles was downstairs in the kitchen.the downstairs
the rooms on the ground floor in a house We have still got to paint the downstairs.>downstairsadj a downstairs bathroom
1. Ted: I slipped and fell downstairs. 特德: 我滑了一下, 从楼梯上摔了下来.
2. Now let´s go downstairs and have a cup of tea.´ 来，咱们下楼去喝杯茶吧。"
3. Dropping my suit, I dashed downstairs to tell George. 我把衣服一丢，就冲到楼下报告乔治。
4. Dropping my suit, I dashed downstairs to tell George. 我扔下西服冲下楼去告诉乔治。
5. After putting it on, Mrs. Richards went downstairs. 理查兹夫人穿上化装服后下了楼，
6. George heard the noise and came downstairs quickly. 乔治听到了响声，迅速地下了楼。
7. Ruth was asleep, so he crept downstairs. 露丝还在睡，于是他就蹑手蹑脚地下了楼。
8. One night, however, feeling cold and lonely, I went downstairs and sat in front of the television pretending to read. 可是，有一天夜里，我感到又冷又孤单，便来到楼下坐在电视机前假装看书。
9. I slipped and fell downstairs. 我滑了一下, 从楼梯上摔了下来.
10. I slipped and fell downstairs. 我滑了一跤，从楼梯上摔下来了。