动词过去式:dressed 过去分词:dressed 现在分词:dressing 第三人称单数:dresses
1 [C] garment for a woman or girl, consisting of a bodice and skirt in one piece; frock 连衣裙; （上下连身的）女装
*She makes all her own dresses. 她的连衣裙都是自己做的.
2 [U] clothes, esp outer garments, for either men or women 衣服（男女均可）; （尤指）外衣
*casual/formal dress 便服[礼服]
* evening dress 晚礼服.
1 [I, Tn] put clothes on (sb/oneself) 穿衣
*He takes ages to dress. 他穿衣要用很长时间.
* Hurry up and get dressed! 快点穿上衣服!
* Is she old enough to dress herself yet? 她会自己穿衣服了吗?
* He was dressed as a woman, ie wearing a woman's clothes. 他男扮女装.
* a woman dressed in green 穿着绿衣服的女子.
2 [I, Ipr] put on evening dress 穿晚礼服
*Do I need to dress for the theatre? 我去剧院需要穿晚礼服吗?
3 [I, Tn] provide (sb/oneself) with clothes 为（某人[自己]）提供衣服
*dress well, badly, fashionably, gaudily, etc 穿得好、不好、时髦、俗气等
* She can hardly dress her children on the allowance he gives her. 他给她的那点钱连给孩子买衣服都不够.
* The princess is dressed by a rising young designer. 公主的衣服是一位初露头角的年轻设计师设计的.
4 [Tn] decorate (sth) 装饰（某物）
*dress a shop window, ie arrange a display of goods in it 布置橱窗
* dress a street with flags 用旗子装饰街道
* dress a Christmas tree with lights 用彩灯装饰圣诞树.
5 [Tn] clean and bandage (a wound, etc) 清洗并包扎（伤口等）.
6 [Tn] finish or treat the surface of (sth) 加工、处理或修整（某物的）表面
*dress leather, stone, etc 鞣皮、琢石等.
7 [Tn] prepare (food) for cooking or eating 为烹调或食用准备（食物）
*dress a chicken, ie clean it ready for cooking 把鸡清洗好（待烹）
* dress a salad, ie add a dressing to it before serving 给色拉加调味品.
8 [Tn] brush (a horse's coat); groom 梳刷（马的毛）; 梳理.
9 [I, Tn] draw up (troops) in line 整队
*dress the ranks 整队.
10 (idm 习语) (be) dressed in sth wearing sth 穿某物
*The bride was dressed in white. 新娘穿一身白色的礼服. (be) dressed like a dog's dinner (infml 口) dressed very smartly or showily 穿着十分时髦或显眼. (be) dressed (up) to `kill (infml 口) be dressed so as to attract attention and admiration, esp from the opposite sex 穿着引人注目（尤指吸引异性）. (be) dressed up to the nines very elaborately dressed 穿着讲究. mutton dressed as lamb => mutton.
11 (phr v) dress sb down scold sb; tell sb off 训斥, 斥退（某人）. dress up wear one's best clothes 穿上盛装
*Don't bother to dress up come as you are. 用不着穿讲究衣服--就穿平常的衣服来吧. dress (sb) up (in sth/as sb/sth) put on fancy dress, etc 化装打扮
*Children love dressing up. 孩子们都喜欢化装打扮.
* dress (up) as a fairy, bandit, pirate, etc 打扮成仙女、匪徒、海盗等
* They were dressed up in Victorian clothes. 他们化装成维多利亚时代的人. dress sth up (fig 比喻) make sth seem better or different by careful presentation 修饰; 掩饰
*The facts are quite clear; it's no use trying to dress them up. 事实很清楚, 想掩饰是没有用的.
* rumours dressed up as hard news 以假乱真的谣言.
1. But try to get a pretty dress." 但要尽量买件漂亮一点儿的礼服。”
2. Ww dress ourselves. 我们自己穿衣服.
3. With great difficulty, he climbed into the shop window to get the dress. 费了好大劲儿，他爬进橱窗去取那件衣服。
4. What colour´s your new dress? 你的新边衣裙是什么颜色的？
5. While clothing serves a purely practical function, how you dress also communicates many things about your social status, state of mind and even your aspirations and dreams. 尽管衣服纯粹服务于一种实用目的，但你的着装方式也会传递很多东西，如你的社会地位、思想状况，甚至你的渴望和梦想。
6. What you communicate through your kind of dress definitely influences others to accept the picture of yourself you are projecting: in the business world, the person who dresses like a successful manager is most likely to be promoted into a managing p 你通过自己的服装所传达的信息肯定会影响到其他人，使他们认可你正在传递的自己的形象：在商界，一个穿着就像个成功经理的人是很有可能被提升到经理职位上来的。
7. We ask the cat whether we should wear the blue suit or the yellow dress. 我们问猫儿今天该穿蓝色套装还是黄色裙装，
8. The dress was embellished with embroidery. 这件衣服上绣有花样。
9. The girl ´gave´ her mother a free dress once a week! 这姑娘每周“给”她母亲一件免费的衣服。
10. The salesman showed some samples of dress material. 店员展示一些布料样品。