1. Billion city would have many levels, so that various transportation systems could work without interfering with each other. 十亿人口城市有许多层平面，因此各种运输工具行驶时不会彼此干扰。
2. Being laid off from work, job loss and recession (衰退) have always affected Walter Cronkite's tone of voice and the editor's page. 下岗、失业和经济不景气一直影响着沃尔特·克朗凯特的情绪和报纸的社论版。
3. By installing optical fiber, digital switches, and the latest wireless transmission systems, a parade of urban centers and industrial zones from Beijing to Budapest are stepping directly into the Information Age. 由于安装了光纤电缆、数字转换器和最新的无线传输系统，从北京到布达佩斯的一系列城区和工业区正在直接跨入信息时代。
4. We shall all remember Mr. Page for his patience and understanding and for the kindly encouragement he gave us when we went so unwillingly to school. 我们不会忘记佩奇先生对我们既有耐心又充满理解，也不会忘记在我们不愿去上学时他给予我们的亲切鼓励。
5. What seems to be lacking are the human leadership and management systems to do the job. 看来所缺少的是做这项工作的领导班子和管理机构。
6. Learning and knows no studies beyond servo- systems and distributors, compression ratios and camshafts. 这些人对学习毫无兴趣, 而且除了伺服系统, 配电盘, 压缩比和凸轮轴便一无所知.
7. The debutante´s photograph was at the head of the society page. 那位初进社交界少女的照片登在社会版的最上头。
8. Learning and knows no studies beyond servo- systems and distributors, compression ratios and camshafts. 这些人对学习毫无兴趣, 而且除了伺服系统, 配电盘, 压缩比和凸轮轴便一无所知.