1. But then the ear also needs training, since at first it can hardly detect differences in sounds which grown-up people hear most clearly. 但是耳朵也同样需要训练，因为最初耳朵几乎分辨不出声音的不同，而成年人却大多听得很清楚。
2. The fifth, being a very tall man, happened to take hold of the elephant´s ear. 第五个盲人身材高大，一下子就抓到了大象耳朵。
3. Time is, therefore, always ticking in our inner ear. 因此时间老是在我们的耳朵里嘀嗒嘀嗒地响着。
4. Then, through the microphone, he spoke into my ear: 然后，我的耳中传来他通过麦克风发出的指令：
5. No, she is stingy, narrow- minded and bossy. 不,她小气,心胸狭窄, 又拔扈.
6. No, she is stingy, narrow- minded and bossy. 不,她小气,心胸狭窄, 又拔扈.
7. He is extending his eyes with rader; his tongue and his ear through through telecommunucations. 人类借助雷达来扩大视野；借助电讯来延伸自己的声音和听觉；
8. As I lowered my voice further and spoke close to his ear, the blind man leaned his head eagerly toward me. 我把声音压得更低，凑近他的耳朵说话，他也热切地把头靠过来。
9. And while these industries are pioneering the most exciting new technologies, some critics fear that profit-minded companies will only develop services for the wealthy. 尽管这些企业在最令人振奋的新技术上领先，一些批评者仍担心追逐利润的企业会只开发面向富人的服务项目。
10. A parent who only gives a brief reply to a child's questions or gives dull answers will be passing on a negative, narrow-minded style of thinking. 对孩子的问题只做出简单的回应，或是只给出乏味的回答，这样的父母传给孩子们的是一种消极的、偏狭的思维方式。