1. Easton looked alternatively at the list of debts and the three letters, and then he said, "I give you nearly every farthing I earn and I never interfere with anything, because I think it´s your part to attend to the house, but it seems to me yo 伊斯顿看了看债单，又看了看那三封信，然后说，“我差不多把挣来的每个子儿都交给你了，而且我也从来没有干涉过什么。因为我觉得持家是你的事儿。可是现在看来，你根本没有把家管好。”
2. Evidently, culture shock is something you cannot avoid when living in a foreign country. 很显然，文化冲击是一种生活在异国他乡的人们无法避免的东西。
3. But can you believe that my first teacher, Mr. Crossett, is still living? 然而你能相信我的第一个老师克罗塞特先生现在还活着吗?
4. Both the cost and the standard of living were lower before the war. 战前生活费用和生活水准都比较低.
5. But a watch could never repair itself----it does not consist of living parts, only of metal, which wears away by friction. 但是，手表决不会自行修理，它不是由有生命的部件组成，而是由金属组成，而金属可以随着磨擦而磨损殆尽。
6. Because of water, Earth is a living planet. 因为有水，地球才成了一个有生命的行星；
7. But no one could have possibly guessed the truth — that the man with endless money and a friendly manner was not a lord at all but a government employee living out a fantasy that he was a Scottish noble and paying for it by stealing funds from Scotla 可是谁也没有料到这个事实：这个财源滚滚、举止友好的人并非什么勋爵，而是一名政府公务员。他幻想自己是位苏格兰贵族，并从苏格兰场（即伦敦警察总署）盗用钱财来买这个贵族头衔。
8. But I would love to be able to pay for some of my living and not have to go through an embarrassing situation every time I need a spare part for my wheelchair. 但我很想自己负担部分生活费用，不必在每次需要为轮椅买点配件时都去尴尬地求人。
9. For it is then almost ready to undertake heavy work and can begin to earn its keep straight away. 这个年龄的象差不多已能干重活，可以很快挣回饲养它的开支。
10. We still do:living in anarchy. 我们现在仍然有这种感觉:生活在混乱中.