earn an honest penny
earn an honest penny为短语/超纲词汇
1. Even really honest people are often made to feel guilty. 甚至是最诚实的人也常弄得觉得有罪似的，
2. Each demanded some payment that was overdue: twelve shillings for the furniture and oilcloth; one pound four and one penny for the General District and Special Rates; and one pound one and fivepence halfpenny for Poor Rate. 三封信都是催债的，而且每项款都已经过了期。家具和油布十二先令；统税和特税一镑四先令一便士；济贫税一镑一先令五个半便士。
3. Easton looked alternatively at the list of debts and the three letters, and then he said, "I give you nearly every farthing I earn and I never interfere with anything, because I think it´s your part to attend to the house, but it seems to me yo 伊斯顿看了看债单，又看了看那三封信，然后说，“我差不多把挣来的每个子儿都交给你了，而且我也从来没有干涉过什么。因为我觉得持家是你的事儿。可是现在看来，你根本没有把家管好。”
4. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
5. For it is then almost ready to undertake heavy work and can begin to earn its keep straight away. 这个年龄的象差不多已能干重活，可以很快挣回饲养它的开支。
6. What are you going to do with that vase, Penny? 你打算如何处理那花瓶？
7. Would I sit on the governor's committee and try to do something about the thousands of welfare clients who, like me, could earn part or all of their own livings if they were allowed to do so, one step at a time? 数以千计像我这样的福利救济对象，如果允许的话，可以慢慢地负担自己的一部分甚至全部生活费用，对此，我会不会在州政府的委员会里尝试做点儿什么呢？
8. The article is an attempt to defame an honest man. 这篇文章旨在诋毁一个正直的人.
9. The last note said: ´I am 100 per cent honest now!´ 最后的那张字条上写道："我现在是一个100%的诚实人了！"
10. The tenants of Zeta Road looked and a mighty cheer went up, for across the spare wheel of the Hon. Hubert Bond´s car was plastered a huge poster which read: "NOT A PENNY ON THE RENTS!" 泽特路的住户们看过去，一阵强有力的欢呼声响起来，尊敬的休伯特·邦德车子上的后备轮胎上粘着一张大海报，上面写着：“房租一分钱不能加！”