2. We can read of things that happened 5,000 years ago in the Near East, where people first learned to write. 我们从书籍中可读到5,000年前近东发生的事情，那里的人最早学会了写字。
3. With the Overlord dispute settled, Churchill attempted to draw Stalin out on the Far East, but the Russian was reluctant. 随着有关“霸王”行动这一争议的解决，丘吉尔试图引出斯大林关于远东问题的意见，但这个俄国人不太愿意表态。
4. The darkness waned and a faint auroral glow began to appear in the east. 黑暗接近尾声，而一道微弱的曙光开始从东方出现。
5. The wind is blowing from the east. 风从东方来.
6. The weather´s often cold in the North and windy in the East. 北部的天气经常寒冷, 而东部则多风.
7. The wind shifted from east to north. 风由东转向北.
8. To the west you can see the Libyan Desert, and to the east you can see the green Nile Valley and the modern city of Cairo. 向西，你可以看到利比亚沙漠，向东，可以看到绿色的尼罗河流域和开罗这座现代化城市。
9. The case is an illustration of some of the delicate cultural issues the company faces as it gets ready to open its theme park 20 miles (32 kilometers) east of Paris in five months' time. 迪斯尼公司正准备五个月后在巴黎以东20英里（32公里）的地方修建一个主题公园，而这一案子正说明了公司面临的一些文化方面的棘手问题。
10. He moved all three matches from east to west and said that was what should be done — meaning that much of the new Poland should be carved out of Germany and that the Soviet Union should retain the Polish territory seized on the basis of the Nazi-Sovi 他把三根火柴全部从东部移到了西部，并且说这就是应该做的事——意思是新波兰的大部分从德国分离出来，苏联应当继续保留根据德苏条约侵占的波兰领土。