egg made of chocolate or a hen's egg with a painted or dyed shell, eaten at Easter 复活节彩蛋.
BrE a chocolate egg bought or given as a present at Easter
AmE an egg that has been coloured and decorated to celebrate Easter
1. But, of 277 udder cells he fused with egg cells, only 30 began to develop into embryos. 但是，在他将卵细胞与之结合的277个乳腺细胞中，只有30个开始长成胚胎。
2. Whisk the egg and then add the flour. 打好鸡蛋以後再加面粉.
3. What are you going to do on Easter? 你复活节那天打算做什么?
4. When the egg had gone the rounds and none had succeeded, all said that it could not be done. 鸡蛋在大家手里传了一圈也没有一个人能使它竖起来，都说这是不可能的。
5. The only regular visitors to the monastery in winter are parties of skiers who go there at Christmas and Easter. 冬天常来修道院参观的只有一批批滑雪者。他们在圣诞节或复活节到那儿去。
6. Then Columbus took the egg and struck its small end gently upon the table so as to break the shell a little. 于是哥伦布拿起那只蛋，把尖的一头轻轻往桌上一磕，敲碎一点蛋壳，
7. The cloning method used by Wilmut's lab requires combining an egg cell with the nucleus of a cell containing the DNA of the person to be cloned. 威尔莫特实验室使用的克隆方法要求将一个卵细胞和一个含有被克隆人的DNA的细胞核相结合。
8. The clone's cells, for example, would have energy-processing machinery that came from the egg, not from the person who was cloned. 比如，克隆人的细胞可能会有来自卵子而非被克隆人的能量加工机制。
9. That such couples have other options (artificially bringing egg and sperm together, or adopting a child) is not an argument for denying them the right to clone. 这样的夫妇当然也有其他选择（人工授精，或收养孩子），但这不能作为剥夺他们克隆权利的借口。
10. They can bring egg and sperm together artificially and dispose of any affected baby before placing it in the mother, or before birth — though that might be objectionable, too. 他们也可以人工授精，然后在将受精卵植入母体之前，或在生育之前，放弃有遗传缺陷的胎儿——尽管这也可能引起反对；