2. Because Australia's native people and black Africans share such superficial characteristics as skin color and body shape, they were widely assumed to be closely related. 因为澳洲土著和非洲黑人之间有一些共同的外表特征，如肤色、体型等，所以普遍认为他们有较近的亲缘关系。
3. The color of a person´s hair is often predetermined by that of his parents. 一个人头发的颜色常是由父母的头发颜色所决定的.
4. The book features more than 500 maps that show areas of genetic similarity — much as places of equal altitude are shown by the same color on other maps. 此书的一大特点是提供了500多幅图，显示相同的遗传基因所处的区域。这很像其他地图上用同样的颜色表示同样海拔高度的地区。
5. Once the genes for surface features such as skin color and height are discounted, the "races" are remarkably alike under the skin. 如果不考虑诸如影响肤色、身高等外部特征的基因，不同的"种族"在外表之下令人吃惊地相似。
6. A color map of the world's genetic variation has Africa at one end of the range and Australia at the other. 人类基因变异彩图表明非洲与澳洲分别位于变化范围的两端。
7. Something I had always known — the way I knew my skin was the brown color of a nut rubbed repeatedly with a soft cloth, or the way I knew my own name — something I took completely for granted, "the sun is shining, the air is warm" — was not 某些我一直知道的东西——就象知道自己的皮肤像是用软布反复摩擦后的那种坚果棕色，或者就象知道我自己的名字——某种我完全把它当作理所当然的东西——"阳光灿烂，空气暖和",——居然会并非如此。
8. So you see, Mark's color is not the problem. My biggest worry is that you may be marrying Mark for the same wrong reasons that I married your father. 因此要明白，马克的肤色不是个问题。我最大的担心的是你也许跟我当初嫁给你爸爸一样，是因为错误的原因而嫁给马克的。
9. So, color has nothing to do with it. Yes, my friends talk. 所以，这事跟肤色没有关系。是的, 我的朋友们会有闲话。
10. She can't eat, she has been bleeding, and her skin is a deep yellow color. 她不能吃东西，一直流血不止，皮肤也呈深黄色。"