1 (a) form in which a book is published 版本
*a paperback, hard-cover, de luxe, etc edition 平装本, 硬皮本, 精装本等.
(b) form in which a radio or television programme is broadcast 无线电或电视节目的广播形式.
2 total number of copies of a book, newspaper, etc issued at one time （书报等）一次发行的总数
*a first edition 初版
* a revised edition 修订版
* in its sixth edition 出至第六版
* the morning/ evening/ lunch-time edition of a newspaper 报纸的早晨版[晚间版/中午版]. Cf 参看 impression 6, reprint n.
[Date: 1400-1500; Language: Latin;Origin: editus, past participle of edere 'to give out, produce']
the form that a book, newspaper, magazine etc is produced in
a paperback edition
the US edition of Marie Claire magazine
the copies of a book, newspaper etc that are produced and printed at the same time
The textbook was first published in 1858 and is now in its 39th edition.
A limited edition of 2000 copies has been published.
(=the first copies of a particular book, that are often valuable)
a newspaper, magazine etc
Martin was reading the early edition of the Evening News.
a television or radio programme that is broadcast regularly or is part of a series
the early evening edition of Scotland Today
1. This man examined its contents, then said: "I understand there is a two-volume edition of this work." 部长查看了书的内容，说道："我知道这书有两卷本的。"
2. The sales manager, who was quick-witted, replied: "My company cannot afford a two-volume edition, sir, but we could offer you a copy with a preface!" 头脑灵活的销售经理答道："先生，两卷本公司买不起，不过我们可给你弄一本带‘前言’的！"
3. Don't worry. Just sign up for the language course offered by a school in another district or city, have the latest edition of the course teaching materials sent to your computer, and attend by video. 不用担心，你可以向另一地区或城市的学校报名，上他们提供的日语课，让他们将这门课程最新的教材传送到你的电脑上，然后通过视听方法上课。
4. Discovering that the minister collected rare books, he bought a rare edition of a book, slipped $20,000 within its pages, then presented it to the minister. 了解到建工部长收藏珍本书，他买了一本书的珍藏版，在书里夹上两万美元，将其送给部长。
5. A pocket edition of the dictionary will come out soon. 这一字典的袖珍版即将问世。