1 form of energy occurring in certain particles (electrons and protons) and hence in larger bodies, since they contain these 电.
2 supply of such energy in the form of electric current for lighting, heating, driving machines, etc 电流
*Don't leave the lights on it wastes electricity. 走时要随手关灯--以免浪费电.
* When did the village first get electricity? 这个村何时通的电?
3 branch of science concerned with the study of this form of energy 电学.
the power that is carried by wires, cables
etc, and is used to provide light or heat, to make machines work etc The farm was very isolated, but it had electricity. the electricity supply the electricity bill
a feeling of excitement
1. Electricity for the city would come from many sources, including the burning of trash from the city´s refuse collections. 十亿人口城市的用电将取自多种来源，包括燃烧城市中收集的垃圾。
2. We make use of electricity every day. 我们每天使用电力。
3. Water from the dams can make electricity, called hydroelectricity since it is made from water power. 从大坝里流出的水还能发电，叫做水力发电，因为它是利用水力发的电。
4. The whole village is illuminated by electricity. 全村都点上了电灯。
5. These hydroelectric (水电的) projects produce electricity for the people of nearby cities and towns. 这些水力发电工程能向附近城镇的居民供电。
6. That was probably a good thing because most electricity masters did not think a voice could be sent over a wire. 这或许是件好事，因为大多数电气专家认为声音无法通过电线传送。
7. Natural gas, an outstanding energy fuel, can be used to heat homes, make electricity, and power cars. 天然气这种优良的能量燃料可以用于家庭取暖、发电和驱动汽车。
8. He realized that it must be the man from the Electricity Board who had come to read the meter. 他意识到一定是电力局的人来抄电表.
9. Humboldt, impatient to discover where the electricity had disappeared to, put his hand into the barrel. 洪堡因为急于要查明电流的去向，便将手伸进了桶内。
10. A dynamo is used to generate electricity. 发电机用于发电。