n end, esp of a story, film, play or word 结尾, 结局（尤指故事、电影、戏剧或词语）
*a story with a happy ending 结局圆满的故事.
the way that a story, film, activity etc finisheshappy/perfect/surprise etc ending a story with a happy endingending to Cookies and coffee are the perfect ending to a meal.[U]
when a process stops or is finished, or when you finish itending of the first elections since the ending of the dictatorship[C]
the last part of a word Verbal nouns have the ending -ing.
1. Euro Disney officials said they expected to make a small profit for the financial year ending September 30. 欧洲迪斯尼行政人员说他们希望在9月30日结束的这个财政年度中能小有盈余。
2. Euro Disney said that although attendance levels had been high, "the company anticipates that it will sustain a net loss for the financial year ending September 30, 1992". 欧洲迪斯尼公司说尽管游客量一直相当大，"公司预计在1992年9月30日结束的财政年度里会有净亏损。"
3. The writer contrived a happy ending. 作者安排了一个大团圆的结局。
4. And find some grace and pleasure in our condition, not like a self-centered British poet but like a patient princess sealed up in a tower, waiting for the happy ending to our fairy tale. 要在我们自身的条件下发现一些优雅和乐趣，不要做一个以自我为中心的英国诗人，而要像一个被关在塔楼里的公主，耐心地等待着我们的童话故事进入快乐的结局。
5. As if her song could have no ending; 仿佛她的歌声永不会消亡。
6. A: Yes, you really must. The ending was especially touching. A：是的，你真是一定要看看不可。结尾尤其感人。
7. Also, the amusement of life in a new culture seems as though it will have no ending. 另外，新的文化中的生活乐趣好像是无穷无尽的。
8. Yours affectionately: way of ending a letter to a friend or relative 你的亲爱的（给亲友写信时结尾用语）
9. For its third quarter ending June 30, the first in which the park had been operating, 6月30日结束的第三季度是主题公园正式运作的第一个季度。