1 of or caused by a person's environment 个人环境的; 由个人环境产生的
*disturbing environmental influences令人不安的环境影响.
2 of the environment 环境的
*environmental science 环境科学. environmentalist/ In9vaIErEn5mentElIst; In9vaIrEn`mZntElIst/ n person who is concerned about and wants to improve or protect the environment 环境保护论者
*[attrib 作定语] an environmentalist protest 环境保护论者的抗议.
concerning or affecting the air, land, or water on Earth
the environmental damage caused by the chemical industry
an international meeting to discuss environmental issues
the environmental impact of pollution from cars
an environmental group (=group of people who want to protect the environment)
concerning the people and things around you in your life, for example the buildings you use, the people you live or work with, and the general situation you are in
This will reduce the environmental risks to employees' health.
environmentally damaging projects
1. But a series of new environmental laws, together with the creation of parks and nature preserves that cover one quarter of the country, are aimed at protecting Costa Rica’s remaining forests. 但是人们制订了一系列新的环境保护法，还新建了占四分之一国土面积的公园和自然保护区，目的是要保护哥斯达黎加现存的森林。
2. But in recent years, as environmental damage has increased, signs of change have sprung up in various pockets around the world. 但近年来，随着环境损害的日益严重，世界各地已经出现了许多变化的迹象。
3. But the conference heard equally strong evidence for the role that environmental factors play in creating genius. 但是那次会议也提出了同样充分的证据支持环境因素在创造天才上的作用。
4. We recently participated in an environmental fair at the Mall (购物中心) of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, the largest indoor shopping center in America. 最近，我们参加了一次在明尼苏达州布卢明顿市的美国购物中心举办的环境大会。此中心是全美最大的室内购物中心。
5. We were equally annoyed that all of what we heard was so superficial, and based on such a shallow understanding of today's true environmental problems. 同样让我们懊恼的是，我们听到的一切都相当肤浅，对当今真正环境问题的理解也很浅薄。
6. The programmer has been endorsed by ten environmental groups. 这个方案已得到十个环境保护组织的认同。
7. The following are a few examples of countries undertaking new environmental initiatives. 下面就是几个正在采取环境保护新举措的国家的例子。
8. Thus, even non-industrialized, poor economies are creating environmental disasters. 可见，即使是非工业化的经济穷国也在制造环境灾害。
9. After speaking with thousands of parents, children and teachers, we were alarmed at the public's wealth of environmental ignorance. 在与几千名家长、孩子和教师交谈之后，我们惊讶地发现，人们的环境知识是那么的贫乏。
10. At present, it is believed that genes account for at least half of what researchers call "g" — the general thinking ability that IQ tests are supposed to measure — while environmental influences account for the other half. 人们目前认为，对于研究人员称为"g"的能力 -- 即智力测验所要衡量的综合思维能力 -- 基因至少起了一半的作用，而环境影响则起到了另一半作用。