1 [U] action of creating or setting up 设立; 建立
*the establishment of a new college 新学院的成立.
2 [C] (fml or joc 文或谑) (premises of a) business organization or large institution 商业机构或大型机关（的房屋建筑）
*an educational establishment, eg a school 教育机构（如学校）
* What made you come and work in this establishment? 你到这个机构来工作的原因是什么?
3 [sing] group of people employed in an organization, a household, etc 一机构的雇员、家庭成员等
*We have a large establishment, ie many staff. 我们员工编制很大（有许多职工）.
4 the Establishment [sing] n (esp Brit often derog 常作贬义) group of powerful people who influence or control policies, ideas, taste, etc and usually support what has been traditionally accepted 当权派（通常为守旧派）
*the musical, intellectual, artistic, etc Establishment 音乐界的、知识界的、艺术界等的当权派
* [attrib 作定语] an Establishment figure 一位当权派.
an organization or institution, especially a business, shop etc
a top class training establishment
the group of people in a society or profession who have a lot of power and influence and are often opposed to any kind of change or new ideas
Young people are supposed to rebel against the Establishment.
the medical/legal/military etc establishment
The public is treated with contempt by the art establishment.
the act of starting an organization, relationship, or system
the establishment of NATO in 1949
1. This hotel is a homely and comfortable establishment. 这家旅馆亲切而舒适。
2. This hotel is a homely and comfortable establishment. 这家旅馆亲切而舒适。
3. The next stage is to get the elephant to the training establishment, 下一步就是把象带到训练场所，
4. At one establishment we did blow our cover when we ordered French rolls with two special coffees; 在一个饭店里，我们在点法式小面包另加2杯特色咖啡时，我们确实暴露了自己的身份:
5. One woman's doctor told her she was not at risk for AIDS because she was married and didn't use drugs. Such misinformation plagues the medical establishment. According to the Centers for Disease Control, women will soon make up 80 percent of those di 一位妇女的医生对她说她不存在染上艾滋病的危险，因为她已经结婚，而且不吸毒。这类错误观念困扰着医疗机构。根据疾病控制中心的预测，女性将占感染艾滋病毒人口的80%。