adv in the end; at last 最後; 终于
*He fell ill and eventually died. 他患病而终于不治.
* Eventually he tired of trying so hard. 他最後厌倦了这种艰苦的尝试.
after a long time, or after a lot of things have happened He eventually escaped and made his way back to England. Eventually, she got a job and moved to London.see usage notelastly
1. Eventually he won the match. 他终于赢得了这场比赛。
2. Eventually the turtle has been butted all the way down to the floor of the tank. 这只海龟最终被撞到池底。
3. Eventually chains were fixed to one end of the dish and a powerful winch was put into operation. 不过，他们终于将链条固定在盘子的一端，一台大功率的绞车开动起来。
4. Eventually, there may be cities with more than a billion residents. 最终也许会出现在人口在十亿以上的城市。
5. Eventually, a man speaking broken Polish approaches us, takes us to the ticket window, and then helps us board our train. 终于,一个操着洋泾浜的波兰语的人走了过来，把我们带到了售票处，并帮我们登上了火车。
6. Eventually, however, the second stage of culture shock appears. 然而文化冲击的第二阶段最终还是出现了。
7. Eventually, the equivalent of 700,000 trucks a year will be transported through the Chunnel. 最终，每年通过隧道运输的货物量将相当于70万辆卡车的货运量。
8. Eventually the officer's retirement arrived, and he too stopped working. 最后，这个海关官员也到了退休年龄，也要停止工作了。
9. Eventually I acquired just enough control to move over to the exit platform. 最后，我总算掌握了一点控制要领，移到了退场的平台上。
10. But they'll eventually come to respect your decisions once they learn that nagging and arguing no longer work. 但一旦他们知道不停的抱怨和争论再也不会起作用时，他们最终是会尊重你的决定的。