动词过去式:exchanged 过去分词:exchanged 现在分词:exchanging 第三人称单数:exchanges 形容词:exchangeable
ex-=out of,fully 变化型 a-,e-,ec-,ef-,es-,iss-,s-
1 [C, U] (action or process of) giving one thing or person in return for another 交换; 互换; 交流; 交易; 调换; 更换
*Is five apples for five eggs a fair exchange? 用五个苹果换五个鸡蛋公平吗?
* The exchange of prisoners during a war is unusual. 战时很少交换俘虏.
* the exchange of contracts, ie the final stage of buying or selling a house 互换契约（买卖房屋的最後步骤）
* an exchange of glances 互使眼色
* an exchange of houses 调换房屋
* an exchange of gun-fire 交火
* He's giving her French lessons in exchange for (ie as an exchange for) her teaching him English. 他教她法语, 她教他英语, 互教互学（作为交换条件）.
2 [C] (angry) conversation or argument （愤怒的）谈话或争论
*bitter exchanges between MP's in parliament 下议院议员在议会上的激烈争论.
3 [U] relation in value between kinds of money used in different countries 兑换; 兑换率
*What is the rate of exchange between the dollar and the pound? 美元和英镑之间的兑换率是多少?
* [attrib 作定语] I want to change my dollars into pesetas what is the exchange rate? 我想把美元换成比塞塔--兑换率是多少?
4 Exchange [C] place where business people or financiers meet for business 交易所
*the `Corn Exchange 谷物交易所
* the `Stock Exchange, ie for the buying and selling of stocks, shares, etc 证券交易所.
5 = telephone exchange (telephone).
6 reciprocal visit between two (often young) people or groups from different countries （不同国家的团体或人, 常为青年之间的）互访, 交流
*be on, do, organize an exchange 在、进行、组织互访
* Sarah is going on an exchange to Paris to stay with Pierre, and he is coming to stay with her here in Scotland next year. 萨拉将到巴黎作互访住在皮埃尔处, 而皮埃尔明年来苏格兰就住在她那里.
* [attrib 作定语] exchange students 互派的留学生
* exchange visits 两国间的互访
* She is an exchange teacher. 她是出国的交流教师.
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A for B; ~ sth (with sb) give or receive sth/sb (of the same kind or value) in place of another 交换; 互换; 调换; 更换
*He exchanged the blue jumper for a red one. 他把蓝毛衣换成了红的.
* Ali exchanged seats with Ben. 阿里与本调换了座位.
* The enemy countries exchanged prisoners. 敌国间交换了俘虏.
* They exchanged hostages with each other. 他们相互交换了人质.
(b) [Tn] give sth and receive sth (from another person) in return 交换; 交易
*exchanging blows, ie hitting each other 互相殴打
* They exchanged glances, ie looked at each other. 他们互相对视.
* The two men exchanged greetings, ie Each greeted the other. 那两个男人互相问候.
2 (idm 习语) exchange (angry, etc) `words quarrel; argue 争吵; 争论
*They exchanged angry words before the meeting but were finally persuaded to agree. 他们在会议前争吵起来, 经劝说最後言归于好.
1. By the way,where can I get the best exchange rate for American dollars. 对了, 我在哪里可以获得最好的美元汇率?
2. By announcing this, it joined more than 300 other U.S. companies that had admitted to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that they had made payments of one kind or another — bribes, extra discounts, etc. — in recent years. 这一事实的披露，使克莱斯勒与其他300多家美国公司一样，向美国证券交易委员会承认自己近年曾有过某种形式的支出，像贿赂、额外打折等等。
3. When he was alone, he telephoned the hospital exchange and asked for Doctor Millington. 当房里只剩他一个人时，他挂通了医院的交换台，要求与米灵顿医生讲话。
4. While I had met Roosevelt at large diplomatic receptions in Washington, my contact had been limited to a brief handshake and an exchange of a few words. 在华盛顿的大型外交招待会上我曾见到过罗斯福，我与他的接触也只局限于短暂的握手和简单的几句交流。
5. The Tokyo Stock Exchange often has between 200 and 300 million transactions a day. 东京证交所每天通常有2-3亿笔交易。
6. This volume is many times more than that of the New York Stock Exchange. 这个交易额是纽约证交所的许多倍。
7. The closest thing to an information superhighway today is the Internet, the system of linked computer networks that allows up to 25 million people in 135 countries to exchange information. 今天，与信息高速公路最接近的就是互联网，这是一个由电脑连接而成的网络系统，它使得135个国家多达2,500万的人能进行信息交换。
8. However, one traveler makes the point that this difference may amount to pennies when you consider exchange rates. 但是，有位旅客强调说，考虑到兑换率，这一差价就没有几个钱了。
9. Most looked approachable enough. There wasn't time for lengthy talks but enough to exchange greetings that go with civilized ways. 多数人看上去是可以说说话的。虽没有工夫聊很久，但问候几句以示礼貌还是有时间的。
10. Usually the automobile or the horse paused at this, and after a strange exchange of greetings, I would probably "go a piece of the way" with them, as we say in farthest Florida, and follow them down the road a bit. 对此，骑马或驾车的人通常会停下来，我们不可思议地互打招呼之后，我可能会随着他们"颠儿几步"，这是我们佛罗里达最南边的说法，意思是跟着他们走上一小段路。