1. The enterprise was doomed to failure. 该企业注定要失败.
2. The failure was caused by bad management. 这种挫折是经营不善所致.
3. The salvage operation had been a complete failure. 打捞工作彻底失败了。
4. The salvage operation had been a complete failure. 打捞工作彻底失败了。
5. He ascribed his failure to bad luck. 他把失败归咎於运气不好.
6. He imputed the failure of his marriage to his wife´s shortcomings. 他把婚姻的失败归咎於妻子的缺点.
7. Her explanations for failure to do the work were voluble but not easily believed. 她对工作失败的解释口若悬河，但不易为人相信。
8. Another newspaper reported a major security failure last year. 另一家报纸报道了去年的一次重大安全事故。
9. According to the doctor, any attempt to play by the medical world's rules of research has been a failure. 据这位医生说，任何企图玩弄医学研究规律的做法都是徒劳的。
10. I could not stand the humiliation of failure. 我无法忍受失败的耻辱。