1. But the historian attempting to reconstruct the distant past is always faced with a difficult task. 但是，历史学家企图重现遥远的过去可是一项艰巨的任务，
2. For then man was faced with a real need to understand something about the seasons. 因为当时人们面临着了解四季的实际需要，
3. We are faced with a difficult choice. 我们面临困难的抉择.
4. We are faced with a shortage in manpower , not in raw material. 我们面临的问题是缺乏人力而不是缺乏原料。
5. We are faced with the necessity of buying a new car. 我们必须买一辆新车了.
6. White-faced and shaking, Charles stared after him. “But … but … what about … the police?” he finally was able to say. 脸色惨白的查尔斯还在发抖，他盯着侍者离去的身影，半晌才说出话，"可…… 可是…… 警察呢？"
7. We recently participated in an environmental fair at the Mall (购物中心) of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, the largest indoor shopping center in America. 最近，我们参加了一次在明尼苏达州布卢明顿市的美国购物中心举办的环境大会。此中心是全美最大的室内购物中心。
8. We have to decide whether to shoot and when, just like the police officer has to when faced with this situation for real. 我们必须判断是否该开枪，何时该开枪，就像警察真实地面对此情此景时必须做出判断一样。
9. When you're faced with an immediate temptation, remind yourself of your long-term goals — whether they be losing weight or getting a medical degree. 面临着唾手可得的诱惑，提醒自己别忘了自己的长远目标--不管它是什么，减肥也好，拿医学学位也好。
10. The prince fell in love with a fair young maiden. 王子爱上了一个美貌的少女。