1. But Alfred had deduced that the Danes were no longer fit for prolonged battle: 然而，阿尔弗雷德断定，丹麦人已不再适应持久的战争，
2. Battle after battle was fought. 战斗一场接一场地打开了。
3. Why does a person standing in a bus or train tend to fall when a sudden start is made? 一个人站在公共汽车或火车上，当车突然开动时，他为什么会倾倒呢？
4. We all know the importance of laying a solid foundation in everything we do, and in language study perhaps more than in anything else, a good beginning is half the battle. 我们都知道，无论做什么事，重要的是要打下坚实的基础。语言学习尤其如此。俗说话：好的开端是成功的一半。
5. While no one way of winning the war against AIDS exists, the network shares these lessons learned in its battle against AIDS: 尽管还没有一种能战胜艾滋病的方法，但这一网络在与艾滋病抗争中获得了以下经验：
6. We were going up for a practice battle. 我们要飞入空中做实战演习。
7. These fall into the same category. 这些独成一类。
8. These matters fall within/go beyond the cognizance of this court. 这些问题在本法庭审理范围之内(外).
9. The bush acted as a cushion to my fall. 灌木在我摔下时起了缓冲作用。
10. The enemy was defeated in a decisive battle. 敌人在一场决定性的战斗中被击败.