1. Before being allowed to leave the police for medical reasons, they lost between them 12,000 days on sick leave: the equivalent of 50 police officers off the street for a full year. 在因健康原因而获准退休前，他们共请病假12,000日，相当于50名警员休假一年。
2. Why does a person standing in a bus or train tend to fall when a sudden start is made? 一个人站在公共汽车或火车上，当车突然开动时，他为什么会倾倒呢？
3. When I realized he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, I guessed he really needed me. So I stayed. " 我发现他病得这么重，都认不出我不是他的儿子后，我想他确实是很需要我的。所以我留下来了。"
4. The beetle makes me sick. 这个甲虫使我恶心.
5. These fall into the same category. 这些独成一类。
6. These matters fall within/go beyond the cognizance of this court. 这些问题在本法庭审理范围之内(外).
7. The bush acted as a cushion to my fall. 灌木在我摔下时起了缓冲作用。
8. The fall of the river here is two feet. 此地的河水降落两英尺。
9. The effect of the medicine on the sick man was magical. 药对病人的效力是不可思议的。
10. The day of retribution shall fall upon him. 他遭报应的一天就会到来。