a situation in which people wrongly think that something bad is going to happen
Fire fighters responded to a false alarm at one of the college dormitories.
The patient was okay - it was a false alarm.
1. Where´s the fire alarm? 火警的警铃在哪里?
2. This will lull them into a false sense of security. 这会使他们产生一种虚假的安全感。
3. To further prepare myself, I offered readings to friends, including a scientist who makes a career of proving popular beliefs to be false. 为了准备充分些，我还主动为朋友们解读牌运，包括为一位科学家，他的职业就是证实一些流行观点的谬误。
4. Thus, a broken alarm clock in the movie The Pawnbroker became a "sick" patient undergoing surgery; boots were boiled in his film The Gold Rush and their soles eaten with salt and pepper like prime cuts of fish (the nails being removed like 因此，在《当铺老板》中，一个坏闹钟变成了正在接受手术的"病人"；在《淘金记》中，靴子被煮熟，靴底蘸着盐和胡椒被吃掉，就像上好的鱼片（鞋钉就像鱼骨那样被剔除）。
5. He was decoyed by a false message (into entering enemy territory). 他被假情报诱骗（进入敌区）.
6. Have you had a false tooth inserted? 你镶上假牙了吗?
7. After the alarm had been given, the great ship turned sharply to avoid a direct collision . 警报发出后,巨轮急速转向以避免直接相撞.
8. A whale is a fish. True or false? 鲸鱼是一种鱼. 对还是错?
9. After the alarm had been given, the great ship turned sharply to avoid a direct collision. 警报响过不久，巨轮急转弯，以避免与冰山正面相撞。
10. All at once, I noticed that my wife seemed to be filled with alarm. 突然，我注意到妻子十分惊恐。