1. The criminal absconded to avoid arrest. 这个罪犯为躲避被捕潜逃了。
2. This will lull them into a false sense of security. 这会使他们产生一种虚假的安全感。
3. The police were called in, but they could not arrest anyone, for the basket contained two Members of Parliament and the Commanding Officer of the station! 警察被召来了，但他们却不能逮捕任何人，因为筐里是两名国会议员和一名基地的指挥官！
4. To further prepare myself, I offered readings to friends, including a scientist who makes a career of proving popular beliefs to be false. 为了准备充分些，我还主动为朋友们解读牌运，包括为一位科学家，他的职业就是证实一些流行观点的谬误。
5. He was decoyed by a false message (into entering enemy territory). 他被假情报诱骗（进入敌区）.
6. Have you had a false tooth inserted? 你镶上假牙了吗?
7. A whale is a fish. True or false? 鲸鱼是一种鱼. 对还是错?
8. At this, the police pointed out ironically that this would hardly be necessary as the men were already under arrest. 警察听了这句话，讽刺地指出，这大可不必，因为这两名工人已被拘留了。
9. At this, the police pointed out ironically that this would hardly be necessary as the men were already under arrest. 警察听后讥讽地说，这大可不必，因为他俩已被逮捕了。
10. Arrest seemed but a rosy dream. 被捕仿佛是个美丽的梦幻；