1. By that I mean that the Japanese take great pride in doing a job well and getting it done no matter how much time is required. 我这么说的意思是，日本人对于能把一项工作做好，对于能完成这项工作，无论耗时多少，都会感到无比自豪。
2. With my blood pressure going crazy but my pride intact, I exited the tower, only slightly shaken after a thrilling encounter with the Japanese concept of leisure. 我出了高塔，血压升高，不过保住了自尊。在惊心动魄地见识了日本式的休闲后，多少有些发怵。
3. This will lull them into a false sense of security. 这会使他们产生一种虚假的安全感。
4. That night she chose to direct it toward her famous steamed pork and preserved vegetable dish, which she always served with special pride. 那晚她原打算说说自己的拿手菜——梅干菜炖肉，她总是特别得意地把这个菜端上桌的。
5. To further prepare myself, I offered readings to friends, including a scientist who makes a career of proving popular beliefs to be false. 为了准备充分些，我还主动为朋友们解读牌运，包括为一位科学家，他的职业就是证实一些流行观点的谬误。
6. He was decoyed by a false message (into entering enemy territory). 他被假情报诱骗（进入敌区）.
7. Have you had a false tooth inserted? 你镶上假牙了吗?
8. He went to work sick, and despite nasty weather. He almost never missed a day, and would make it to the office even if others could not. A matter of pride. 他生病或气候恶劣时也坚持上班，几乎从不缺勤。他总是准点到办公室，尽管别人做不到。这是可以引以为荣的事。
9. A whale is a fish. True or false? 鲸鱼是一种鱼. 对还是错?
10. And most of all, he bought the run-down Gordon Arms Hotel and totally restored it, transforming it from a mess into a glorious first-class hotel with 30 handsomely furnished rooms, wood-paneled stairs, false bookshelves with fake leather books and an 而最主要的，是他将年久失修的戈登·阿姆斯旅馆买下并完全改装，将这堆废墟变成了一座富丽堂皇的一流宾馆，内有30间装修华丽的房间，木质镶嵌的楼梯，摆满了人造皮革装订的书籍的书架，和一间高级餐厅。