1. This will lull them into a false sense of security. 这会使他们产生一种虚假的安全感。
2. The procedure for determining that such unions are not tricks to obtain the treasured green card takes time (sometimes separating couples for more than a year, I later learned). 要确认这种婚姻并不是为了取得宝贵的绿卡而耍的花招,需要费很长时间 (我后来知道，它有时会使夫妻分居1年多)。
3. The "1998 Report Card on the Ethics of American Youth" found that 7 out of every 10 high school kids have cheated on a test at least once. Including all grades, the number is more than 6 out of 10. 据"1998年美国青年道德报告"披露，每10名高中生中就有7名考试至少作弊一次。如包括所有年级，那么该数字就是十分之六强。
4. To further prepare myself, I offered readings to friends, including a scientist who makes a career of proving popular beliefs to be false. 为了准备充分些，我还主动为朋友们解读牌运，包括为一位科学家，他的职业就是证实一些流行观点的谬误。
5. He was decoyed by a false message (into entering enemy territory). 他被假情报诱骗（进入敌区）.
6. Have you had a false tooth inserted? 你镶上假牙了吗?
7. He can´t write very much on a card, Mum. 在明信片上他写不了很多，妈妈。
8. Her business card once featured a drawing of Ann Estelle, cigar in her mouth and drink in hand, with the message "Engelbreit's the Name, Cute Is My Game." 她的商业贺卡曾显著印着一幅安·埃丝特尔的画像：嘴里叼着雪茄，手里端着酒杯，同时附字一行："恩格尔布赖特是我的名字，可爱是我的招牌。"
9. A whale is a fish. True or false? 鲸鱼是一种鱼. 对还是错?
10. "Put them on a note card and take it with you and look at it when you need to. "把它们记在一张可以随身携带的卡片上，需要的时候看看。