1. 'We kind of like that spirit. We don't like it with the negative attitudes. We want to turn that spirit positive.'" '我们有几分喜欢这种活力，但并不喜欢它消极的一面，而是要将它转化成积极的一面。'"
2. We are so familiar with the fact that man ages, that people have for years assumed that the process of losing vigour with time, of becoming more likely to die the older we get, was something self-evident, 我们对人总是要衰老的现象并不陌生，多年来就已认识到。生命随着时间流失而丧失活力，人随着年龄的增长而接近死亡，这是不言而喻的，
3. We had survived the Nazi horror (恐怖) and its mindless (无知的) suppression (镇压) of the human spirit. 我们挺过了纳粹的恐怖和它对人类精神的愚蠢镇压。
4. What's happening now is a familiar experience for Johnson. 现在发生的一切对约翰逊并不陌生。
5. We agree with the idea that love is a spirit that changes life. 我们一致认为爱是一种精神，它能改变人生。
6. What qualities of the mind or spirit, in short, determine who succeeds? 一句话，心智或精神的何种素质决定了人的成功？
7. The organizer was familiar with the protocol of royal visits. 组织者熟悉国王出访的礼仪.
8. They were playing the game in a friendly spirit. 他们本着友好的精神比赛。
9. This realization now entered my life like a flow of water dividing previously dry and solid ground, creating two banks, one of which was my past — so familiar and predictable that even my unhappiness then made me happy now just to think of it; 这种认识就象一股水流一样流进我的生活，把先前干涸坚实的土地一分为二，造成了河流的两岸。河岸的一边是我的过去——这对我来说是如此熟悉, 如此地可以预料，以至于我只要想到它，原先使我感到不快的东西也会使现在的我变得开心起来。
10. They also show people who look like those we need to educate, since people can relate more when they see familiar faces and language they can understand. 这些书也向居民说明哪些人看起来是需要给予教育的人。当居民们看到熟悉的脸和能够理解的语言时，就会发表更多的议论和看法。