1. The elephant is not like a wall, or a spear, or a snake, or a tree; neither is he like a fan. 大象既不像高墙、长矛、蛇、大树，也不像扇子，
2. The first flush toilet (抽水马桶), the first radio, the first hat with a fan. 第一个抽水马桶，第一部收音机，第一顶装有扇子的帽子。
3. He was a knowledgeable baseball fan and often took me to Ebbets Field to see the Brooklyn Dodgers play. 他是一个见多识广的棒球迷，常常带着我到埃贝茨球场观看布鲁克林道奇队队员的比赛。
4. An electric fan keeps the air in circulation. 电扇使空气流通。
5. "He is exactly like a huge fan." 它实在就像一把巨大的扇子。”
6. It´s so hot please turn the fan on. 这么热--请把电扇打开.
7. I found myself suspended in the middle of the air — held up by a 130-kilometer-an-hour blast of wind coming from an industrial-strength fan in the bottom of the tower. 我发现自己悬在了空中--高塔底部一架工业用强力风扇吹出时速达130公里的风柱将我拖起。
8. I struggled uselessly to respond to the instructions of my coach, who was shouting above the roar of the fan to tell me how to ride the wind funnel up and down, left and right, by bending various limbs. 教练的喊声盖过风扇的轰鸣，告诉我如何屈折各肢体来乘着风柱上下左右地飘动，我照着他说的毫无结果地折腾了一番。