unusual costume, often historical or fantastic, worn at parties 聚会时所穿的奇装异服（常为有历史特色或别具一格的）
*[attrib 作定语] a fancy dress ball 化装舞会.
clothes that you wear, especially to parties, that make you look like a famous person, a character from a story etc
an invitation to a fancy-dress party
1. But try to get a pretty dress." 但要尽量买件漂亮一点儿的礼服。”
2. Ww dress ourselves. 我们自己穿衣服.
3. With great difficulty, he climbed into the shop window to get the dress. 费了好大劲儿，他爬进橱窗去取那件衣服。
4. What colour´s your new dress? 你的新边衣裙是什么颜色的？
5. While clothing serves a purely practical function, how you dress also communicates many things about your social status, state of mind and even your aspirations and dreams. 尽管衣服纯粹服务于一种实用目的，但你的着装方式也会传递很多东西，如你的社会地位、思想状况，甚至你的渴望和梦想。
6. What you communicate through your kind of dress definitely influences others to accept the picture of yourself you are projecting: in the business world, the person who dresses like a successful manager is most likely to be promoted into a managing p 你通过自己的服装所传达的信息肯定会影响到其他人，使他们认可你正在传递的自己的形象：在商界，一个穿着就像个成功经理的人是很有可能被提升到经理职位上来的。
7. We ask the cat whether we should wear the blue suit or the yellow dress. 我们问猫儿今天该穿蓝色套装还是黄色裙装，
8. The dress was embellished with embroidery. 这件衣服上绣有花样。
9. The girl ´gave´ her mother a free dress once a week! 这姑娘每周“给”她母亲一件免费的衣服。
10. The salesman showed some samples of dress material. 店员展示一些布料样品。