adj [usu pred 通常作表语]
1 not in love; not committed to anything 未在恋爱中; 不受束缚.
2 (idm 习语) footloose and fancy-free => footloose (foot1).
able to do anything you like because you do not have a family or other responsibilities
Ten years ago I was footloose and fancy-free .
1. But there is a problem for people with free time in a tightly packed country where land is dear: 但是在一个人口拥挤，土地昂贵的国家，有了闲暇的人们却遇到了这样一个问题：
2. We must give tribute to all those who helped make this a free country. 我们必须称颂那些为使这个国家成为自由之邦而出力的人。
3. When I suggested that some villagers must have come in for a free drink, Mr.Thompson shook his head. 当我暗示说一定是村里有些人来喝不花钱的酒时，汤普森先生摇了摇头。
4. When I am finished, I pull a chair up beside the bed to face her and, taking her free hand between mine, again notice the long, thin fingers. 而后，我挪了把椅子面朝她坐在床边，握住她那只空闲的手，此时我又一次注意到她那细长的手指。
5. The real escapist can watch an free film show and sip champagne on some services. 真正不想享受飞行的人，要某些班机上可以看看免费电影，或者饮用香槟酒。
6. The church teaches the doctrine of free will. 该教会信奉自由意志的教义。
7. The real escapist can watch an free film show and sip champagne on some services. 真正不想享受飞行的人，要某些班机上可以看看免费电影，或者饮用香槟酒。
8. The girl ´gave´ her mother a free dress once a week! 这姑娘每周“给”她母亲一件免费的衣服。
9. The genie had been in the jar for hundreds of years before the fisherman set him free. 妖怪在渔夫放出他来之前在坛子里困了好几百年。
10. The hospital offers free treatment to indigents. 那家医院为穷人提供免费治疗。