n.原野,旷野,领域,(一块)田地,牧场,域,战场,运动场 vt.把(谷物等)暴晒于场上,使上场 vi.担任场外队员 adj.田间的,野生的,野外的,田赛的 扫描场
动词过去式:fielded 过去分词:fielded 现在分词:fielding 第三人称单数:fields
1 area of land (usu enclosed by a fence, hedge, etc) used for pasturing animals or cultivating crops 田; 地; 牧场
*working in the fields 在田间干活
* a fine field of wheat 一片好麦田.
2 (usu in compounds 通常用以构成复合词)
(a) wide area or expanse 辽阔的地方; 原野; 旷野
*an `ice-field, eg around the North Pole.
(b) open space used for a specified purpose （作某用途的）场地, 场所
*a `baseball, `cricket, etc field.
3 (usu in compounds 通常用以构成复合词) area from which minerals, etc are obtained 矿区; 产地
* a new `oilfield.
4 range of a subject, an activity or an interest （某种学科、活动或兴趣的）领域, 范围, 界
*in the field of politics, art, science, music, etc 在政治、艺术、科学、音乐等领域
* That is outside my field, ie not among the subjects I have studied. 那不在我所研究的范围之内.
5 (a) area or space within which a specified force can be felt 场（存在某种力的效应的范围或空间）
*a magnetic `field 磁场
* the earth's gravitational `field, ie the space in which the earth's gravity has an effect 地球引力场.
(b) range over which sth can operate effectively 某物的有效作用范围
*the field of a telescope 望远镜的视野
* one's field of vision, ie the area that one can see 视野
* a gun with a good field of fire 远射程的炮.
6 area or place where a battle is or was fought 战场
*the field of battle/`battlefield 战场.
7 (sport 体)
(a) all those taking part or competing in an event （比赛项目的）全体参赛者
*The field includes three world record holders. 参赛者中包括三名世界记录保持者.
(b) (in cricket and baseball) team that is not batting, with regard to their positions on the field （板球和棒球）守队
*bowling to a defensive field 向守队投球.
8 (computing 计) one section of a record, representing a unit of information 字段; 信息组
*The firm's payroll has one field for gross pay and one for net pay. 公司工资单上一部分是原工资, 一部分是实发工资.
9 (idm 习语) hold the field (against sb/sth) not be replaced (by sb/sth); remain dominant 不为（某人[某事物]）所替代; 保持优势
*Einstein's ideas on physics have held the field for years. 爱因斯坦的物理学理论多年来一直保持其权威性. play the `field (infml 口 esp US) avoid committing oneself to one person, activity, etc 不对某一人做出承诺; 不承诺参加某一活动等. take the `field
(a) begin a war or battle 开始作战; 上阵.
(b) (sport 体) go onto the playing area 开始比赛; 上场.
(a) [I, Tn] (in cricket and baseball) (stand ready to) catch and throw back (the ball) （板球和棒球）（准备）接或掷还（球）, 守（球）
*He fields well. 他接球技术很好.
* She fielded the ball. 她把球接住了.
(b) [I] (in cricket and baseball) be (in) the team not batting （板球和棒球）任守方
*We're fielding first. 我们先作守方.
(c) [Tn] select (sb) to play in a game (of football, hockey, cricket, etc) （足球、曲棍球、板球等赛中）选派（某人）上场
*They're fielding a very strong side this season. 他们本季派了一支很强的球队上场.
(d) [Tn] (fig 比喻) deal successfully with (a series of questions, etc) 顺利处理（一系列问题）
*The minister easily fielded all the journalist's awkward questions. 部长轻而易举地一一回答了记者提出的棘手问题.
The following companies are either headquartered or have significant bases in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England.
1. Even his opponents were compelled to admit that he was a man of profound learning: and this not merely in his special field of economics, but also in history, philosophy, and the literature of all countries. 即使是他的对手们也不得不承认他是一个学识渊博的人：这不仅是指他的经济学专业领域，而且还包括历史、哲学以及各国的文学。
2. Behold her, single in the field, 看她，一个人在原野上，
3. If it is really attended by the illumination of another field of interest, 而且的确受到别的领域的情趣的启迪，
4. Wagner's, Poincare's, and Descartes' experiences are representative of countless others in every field of culture. 瓦格纳、庞加莱和笛卡尔的经历代表了各个文化领域中无数其他的经历。
5. While many researchers in this relatively new field are glad to see emotional issues finally taken seriously, they fear that a notion as handy as EQ invites misuse. 尽管在这一较新的领域里很多研究人员对情感问题终于得到认真对待感到高兴，但他们也担心像情商这样一个方便的概念会被误用。
6. The main field of hygiene is concerned with healthy living and cleanliness. 卫生学的主要范围和健康的生活及清洁有关。
7. There are a lot of sheep in that field. 那个牧场有许多羊。
8. The stream would its way across the field and then flowed right under their tent! 它蜿蜒穿过田野，正好流过他们的帐蓬底下。
9. The field around us looked like a golden sea. 我们周围的田地看起来像一片金黄色的海洋。
10. The cattle are grazing in the field. 牛群正在田野里吃草。